Saturday, December 4, 2010

The story of our Christmas Tree


 Since the first Christmas since Anne was born we have been collecting personalized ornaments. Each one has a story and a wonderful memory. When we put our tree up year after year I, of course, get very nostalgic. I remember events that each ornament represents... I remember the ages of the girls for each personalized one. Some of them were made for us like the momma and papa mice that my dear friend, Pam, made when Garry and I were first married. There are funny stories like the "P" for Paige, which was okay, but what I thought was an "A" for Anne was actually an upside down V for Violin. It was displayed upside down and I didn't realize for years that it was actually a V until Anne pointed it out when she got old enough to notice. Every vacation has an ornament represented; our beloved OU is up there...I decorate in clusters...the santas in one place; the snowmen in another; my special faerie collection; beautiful churches and bibles and nativity scenes; ornaments from students;  all our deceased pets - Tilly, Amie, Bailey; I just love them.





                                                               
                                                                


                         
                          

                          

                        

                              
      
                                  

    
                            


                      

                      
                                        






The rest of the pictures following are from the two small trees we have added to over the years.  The first one holds the signed angels Garry's parents gave to us every year over a span of about a decade.  They are precious to us.  The second one is a minature collection of small Hallmark pieces that hold special meaning to us.










2 comments:

Followers

2010 Calendar

Click to play this Smilebox calendar
Create your own calendar - Powered by Smilebox
Make your own free printable calendar

Matthew Henry Commentary

Matthew Henry Commentary
Old & New Testament

My Utmost For His Highest

My Utmost For His Highest
My Favorite Devotional

one year bible online

one year bible online
Several translations...easy access for daily quiet time.

Anne's Etsy Site

Anne's Etsy Site
'Two Little Monkeys' on Etsy

Anne's 'Two Little Monkey's' site

Anne's 'Two Little Monkey's' site
Where to find custom made children's clothing

Paige's Etsy Site

Paige's Etsy Site
Where to shop for lovely homemade accessories for your home.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed