Last night I was feeling very sorry for myself because there were no little voices echoing in my home...no daughters and sons-in-law playing games at the kitchen table. I was thankful Garry and I were together...we had enjoyed being at both Christmas Eve services...Garry served communion for both services and I sang in the choir for both. We came home and made a few last minute preparations for the following day and settled down to watch a Christmas movie. My heart was sad, so we called Anne to see how McLean was feeling after being sick the night before. As I was speaking to Anne on the phone, I suddenly heard the front door open and Garry said, "Looks like Santa is here!". I looked up and there stood Paige, Piper and Trevor after driving 3 hours following their Christmas Eve service to surprise me and be with us Christmas Eve. I was completely surprised [Garry had been in on the whole thing and had unlocked the front door to help with the surprise]. What a sweet, sweet gift. We let Piper open her stocking gifts, so the pictures that follow are of that and Christmas morning. Paige and Piper went to bed and we stayed up a while catching up with all Trevor was learning in law school. The next day we enjoyed gift opening, especially watching Piper tear open the gifts...she had so much fun. The looks on her face were priceless. She was so cute...she'd tear off a piece and walk over and give it to Pops to put in the trash and then go back to opening..step by step. Following this, we prepared for our Christmas meal and the Brownings joined us at noon. We enjoyed their company so much as they shared stories of their travels around the world. Jim is an Air Force Chaplain; hence the world travels...they have moved 11 times in 21 years. After lunch, Piper went out for a fun time of swinging with daddy! She kept asking to go 'owside'. Soon they packed up and headed over to Trevor's parents to continue their family celebration. Trev, Paige and Piper will be back with us until the 29th at which time they will return to Athens and we will leave for Little Rock to see the rest of our precious family.
CJ Mahaney’s Christmas Book List 2017
8 years ago

What a wonderful Christmas Blessing!!!! I know you were so excited Julie!
ReplyDeleteYes, it was nothing short of a blessing! Can't wait to see you after the new year...we'll call you when you get back from the beach. Happy New Year!
ReplyDeleteShe's adorable!
ReplyDeleteThank you, Gherry! We're pretty crazy about her :)
ReplyDelete