Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Trip to Folly Beach










Vicki's mother was is town for a visit and they invited me to the beach for a few days.  We had a wonderful time and I really enjoyed getting to know her mom better...I hadn't seen her in many years.  We went to folly beach and it was hard for me to believe that I've never been there before considering how much time we've spent in Charleston and at area beaches such as Kiawah and Isle of Palms.  Folly reminds me of Cocoa, Florida...very quaint and picturesque. 




This is the pier just a few yards from the condo.  We took several walks on the beach and the first time, I was stunned to see hundreds upon hundreds of starfish washed onto shore.  It was the same way the next day!  I remembered the story about the man who was picking up starfish and throwing them back into the ocean until another man came up to him and said, "You are wasting your time...there are so many of them!  You can't save them all!", to which he replied as he picked up another one and threw him back into the ocean, "Well, it made a difference to this one!".  So I was throwing starfish back in like a madwoman.  Poor Vicki was so patient while I picked up tons of dead ones and took them back to the condo to preserve them. 




Isn't that story much like our command to share the gospel?  How can we possibly make a difference to all those lost souls?  One at a time, my friend; one at a time.

Some of the cute shops in the area!



This little girl reminds me so much of Bailey...well, all Malteses seem to have the exact same personality and the exact same behavior traits.  i.e., they are truly a one person dog...they hate to be groomed but can't stand to be dirty...they will bite you if you come close to the one they love...they have terrible teeth...and bad breath...they will attack a dog 100 x's their size to prove their prowess...what's not to love?


These are our good friends, Ed and Vicki...we have been friends for a long time...have been through thick and thin together...the older we get the more we love them...good people.

Vicki and I love to talk, talk, talk...and laugh, laugh, laugh...(more like giggle)

The Loggerhead Restaurant is right across the street from Ed and Vicki's condo...yummy food!

Kinda chilly in the evenings, but still fun to be out at Loggerheads.

You can walk everywhere in Folly Beach from the condo...great shopping and tons of fun restaurants a few blocks away.


The condo has been gutted...Ed and Vicki have had fun decorating!  I love the picture of the Cooper River Bridge; the photographer ran out into the middle of the road, laid on her back and took the shot!  Yes, traffic was coming!

The view out of the condo is so pretty!  This is where everyone comes to surf!

It is amazing how comfortable these high back adirondack chairs are!  I ought to know...fell asleep in one.

My bud and I



No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

2010 Calendar

Click to play this Smilebox calendar
Create your own calendar - Powered by Smilebox
Make your own free printable calendar

Matthew Henry Commentary

Matthew Henry Commentary
Old & New Testament

My Utmost For His Highest

My Utmost For His Highest
My Favorite Devotional

one year bible online

one year bible online
Several translations...easy access for daily quiet time.

Anne's Etsy Site

Anne's Etsy Site
'Two Little Monkeys' on Etsy

Anne's 'Two Little Monkey's' site

Anne's 'Two Little Monkey's' site
Where to find custom made children's clothing

Paige's Etsy Site

Paige's Etsy Site
Where to shop for lovely homemade accessories for your home.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed