Although it is not officially Spring yet, it has definitely "sprung". Temperatures today were in the 80's and it has been gloriously warm and sunny. There will be a couple of postings; first, two together - getting ready for Spring as we prepare for Easter and the celebration of the resurrection of Jesus....one of my favorite verses is Isaiah 49:14:16 which points to his nail-scarred hands as he hung on the cross for me/us..."Can a woman forget her nursing child, and have no compassion for the son of her womb? Even these may forget, but I will not forget you. Behold, I have inscribed you on the palms of my hands".....
and the second post is 'the making of a quilt'....showing the tools, the process and 2/3 completion of the quilt.
This quilt is for Piper's birthday on May 29...I hope she will always cherish it and consider it an heirloom....Mary Elizabeth will be receiving one next.
The Making of a Quilt....
To begin with...the tools of the trade: ample quilting tools; quilt square rulers; side rulers; quilt cutting matts....these tools make all the difference in the world in making the quilt pieces even so that they all fit together when the time comes....
The proper cutting tools are seriously important for proper measurements and placement....
These templates are cut out of quilting plastic traced off the original pattern....
Fabric choices were made earlier with color schemes in mind.
These pieces were cut out early on for the inner square...
It takes a full day of cutting and gathering to prepare all the strips for the gathering pieces that go on the edges of some of the flowers, etc.
This is what the gathering looks like on the individual pieces.....
This is the quilt about 2/3 of the way completed.....I have already sewn all these pieces together, but haven't taken a picture yet....when it is all completed, I will feature the quilt on my blog.

Aunt Julie- that quilt is AMAZING!!!!!! How beautiful! I would love to try one---although I know I am not nearly as talented or as patient as you! Pretty Spring decorations - I put my Easter things out this weekend also : )
ReplyDeleteit's totally gorgeous mom :)
ReplyDeleteThank you so much Carla! Anytime you want to try one, let me know and I'll encourage you all the way! It isn't true that you're not nearly as talented or patient...I know better than that! It is very tedious, however...you have to become reclusive at times....but it really is fun. I so often wish we lived closer to one another!
ReplyDeleteThank you, my darling Paige! I certainly hope Piper will enjoy it!
ReplyDeleteIt's beautiful Mom! I'm so impressed!
ReplyDeleteThank you, sweet Anne! You have to pick out the colors you want for ME's quilt!
ReplyDelete