Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Mishmash

A little bit here, a little bit there.  Life is calm, somewhat.  In those moments, I really struggle to be productive.  That's a sad state of affairs...there is so much to be done!  I know there are so many events on the horizon and my mind wants to hunker down and rest and prepare!  When the Lord says, "Be still and know that I am God!", I want to embrace quietness and KNOW that He is God by praising and being in His word.  Busyness crowds in and wants to own my time...so I kind of remember this jingle I used to say all the time when my children were small..."Cleaning and cooking can wait for tomorrow, for babies grow up, we learn to our sorrow.  So quiet down cobwebs...dust go to sleep...I'm rocking my baby and babies don't keep."  Whether it is wallpaper that needs to come down, chairs that need to be painted, pillows that need to be made, projects that need to be completed, something is ALWAYS lurking. 
Here are some of the events on the horizon I am looking forward to:  working as an adjunct instructor of English at the University of South Carolina in the Fall; beginning a new ministry with the Prosperity Project in downtown Columbia tutoring in the Fall and working with children in day camps this summer; a birthday party for Piper who is turning 2; a trip to Indiana to visit family and attend the CNHS gymnastics reunion; celebrating my niece's graduation from Arizona State University; a visit to New York to see my friend Mandy perform for the Graham II Dance Company in New York; seeing former students in a play; seeing another former student in a talent show; another trip out to Little Rock for Mary Elizabeth's 1st birthday...I think that's enough.  In the meantime, Piper's quilt is almost finished and I will post pictures when it is completed.  I have ME's quilt to make and really cool hobby horses for the boys on the back burner.  Pictures on this post are not necessarily clear because they were all taken with my phone.  Many of the pics in my earlier post were as well, but clear or not, they are fun to see.

We had some rough storms yesterday, but none like what Anne and Gene had in Little Rock:

This is what the skies looked like over Little Rock and Maumelle earlier in the week.  As you can see, a huge tornado hit down and many were hurt and killed.

We spent Easter with Trevor, Paige and Piper and had a wonderful visit, as always.  This was our first opportunity to worship with them in their church plant.  It was a great service with awesome music...their friend, George Boggs, plays the banjo...very talented.  Little Piper enjoyed her Easter basket!






Piper doesn't normally get to have sugar, so those jelly beans were yummy!


Early Easter morning, Pops read the Easter story to Piper





Ben, McLean and Mary Elizabeth were having fun at their easter egg hunt, too!



Mary Elizabeth is now pulling herself up and crawling everywhere...this is big stuff for little sis who is trying to keep up with two big brothers!



Finally, I'll end today's post with some verses that I read yesterday that were so special...I leave with 2 Samuel 23:3-5
The God of Israel said, The Rock of Israel spoke to me, "He who rules over men righteously, Who rules in the fear of God, is as the light of the morning when the sun rises, a morning without clouds, when the tender grass springs out of the earth, through sunshine after rain.  Truly is not my house so with God?  For He has made an everlasting covenant with me, ordered in all things, and secured; for all my salvation and all my desire, will He not indeed make it grow?
May I, even as I grow older, parent and grandparent as a righteous ruler who rules in the fear of God so that my house will be ordered and secured and, indeed, grow in the love of Christ.

2 comments:

  1. Good verses Mom; they are so hope-inspiring. God will finish his work with us :)

    ReplyDelete

Followers

2010 Calendar

Click to play this Smilebox calendar
Create your own calendar - Powered by Smilebox
Make your own free printable calendar

Matthew Henry Commentary

Matthew Henry Commentary
Old & New Testament

My Utmost For His Highest

My Utmost For His Highest
My Favorite Devotional

one year bible online

one year bible online
Several translations...easy access for daily quiet time.

Anne's Etsy Site

Anne's Etsy Site
'Two Little Monkeys' on Etsy

Anne's 'Two Little Monkey's' site

Anne's 'Two Little Monkey's' site
Where to find custom made children's clothing

Paige's Etsy Site

Paige's Etsy Site
Where to shop for lovely homemade accessories for your home.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed