Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Rehearsal

I feel compelled to share how touched I was at rehearsal tonight with the commitment level of some of my actors.  I've added rehearsals in an attempt to add cohesiveness to the cast as a whole, and for the most part, most of the students have stepped up to the challenge.  Don't think for a moment that I do not realize what a sacrifice this is.  At the busiest season of the school year, these students work tirelessly to find their sweet spot for each scene...and one student, Jessica, brought me to tears tonight.  I've corrected and challenged and encouraged and prayed and the soft side of her came out tonight in such a touching way that I knew she found exactly where she needed to be....Gil adding so much dimension to Demetrius with physicality and energy...Yamen and CC mesmorizing and dead on in interpretation...trusting their instincts...Abby reaching and probing to create an unforgettable Bottom...Michaela hitting that beautiful comedic moment discovered by none other than Cramer...Cramer finding his softer side as well...Joel and Courtney new to acting, but old souls after all...Samantha finessing Puck to utter mischievousness...Daquan and Kenya demanding so much of themselves and making me believe everything along the way...Dree, Maggie, Alex, Ericka charming me from entrance to exit...my little faerie clan setting the pace with their beautiful entrance....Terrance creating such a realistic demanding and overbearing father...John setting the standards high as our Philostrate. I am humbled to work with each of them.  I am even more humbled by the behind the scenes students:  James first and foremost because he's a rock; a sweet young man who never complains, always encourages, always works so very hard; Nicole & Brittany - they close up with me every night as I wind down my 12 hour day and love me through the insane pace of it all.  I will never forget you all. 

1 comment:

  1. We will never forget you either Mrs. Beasley. Thank you for staying in there and putting on this performance. We love you and are very appriciative of all the hard work you have put into this play.

    ReplyDelete

Followers

2010 Calendar

Click to play this Smilebox calendar
Create your own calendar - Powered by Smilebox
Make your own free printable calendar

Matthew Henry Commentary

Matthew Henry Commentary
Old & New Testament

My Utmost For His Highest

My Utmost For His Highest
My Favorite Devotional

one year bible online

one year bible online
Several translations...easy access for daily quiet time.

Anne's Etsy Site

Anne's Etsy Site
'Two Little Monkeys' on Etsy

Anne's 'Two Little Monkey's' site

Anne's 'Two Little Monkey's' site
Where to find custom made children's clothing

Paige's Etsy Site

Paige's Etsy Site
Where to shop for lovely homemade accessories for your home.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed