Saturday, March 20, 2010

I miss Bailey

Day two since we said goodbye to Bailey.  Many will scoff at my attachment to this little dog, but he was my buddy.  For over twelve years, I never had an empty lap.  I can't remember a time when I sat down since he was a puppy that he wasn't there.  When he was young, he traveled with us everywhere; airplanes, cars, you name it.  When he traveled by car with Garry and I, he had to sit in my lap but have his head extended far enough so he could at least be touching Garry's arms.  As he grew older, he became a bit moody, but who knows when he began fighting the heart disease that took his life.  During his last few days, he had to be held every moment, and we were glad to do that.  He looked at us, pleading for us to ease his pain.  He ate nothing for the last few days and was emaciated.  He cried a lot the last day, whimpering and shivering as we tried to keep him warm with a heating pad and lots of blankets.  I think he knew we loved him so much that he didn't want to disappoint us by giving up, yet that would have been our choice, for him not to suffer.  When I learned that he was gone, I was in rehearsal and I cried very hard.  My students all comforted me with hugs and words of encouragement.  That meant a lot.  When I came home to see his grave, I so badly wanted to hug him one more time.  I miss having him in my lap, having him greet me at the door every day, his tail wagging (it took him two years to learn how to wag his tail!), cuddling beside me when I watched TV.  He was our friend and we miss him.  Thank you, Lord, for the precious gift of animals.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

2010 Calendar

Click to play this Smilebox calendar
Create your own calendar - Powered by Smilebox
Make your own free printable calendar

Matthew Henry Commentary

Matthew Henry Commentary
Old & New Testament

My Utmost For His Highest

My Utmost For His Highest
My Favorite Devotional

one year bible online

one year bible online
Several translations...easy access for daily quiet time.

Anne's Etsy Site

Anne's Etsy Site
'Two Little Monkeys' on Etsy

Anne's 'Two Little Monkey's' site

Anne's 'Two Little Monkey's' site
Where to find custom made children's clothing

Paige's Etsy Site

Paige's Etsy Site
Where to shop for lovely homemade accessories for your home.

FEEDJIT Live Traffic Feed