Rehearsals are going so well it's almost scary. Whatever I throw at the cast, they take and run with it. They are working on speech patterns, motivation, trust, believability. Act I has had two run throughs. Next week, Act 2 brings in the fairies! Titania and Oberon spark up the stage. Amanda Harring is preparing to work with our dancers to add beautiful choreography. Special thanks to Becky and Jimmy LaFrage who are angels in disguise. Jimmy brought in a truck load of trees today for the set and will be bringing in pines later so the leaves will not die before production. He is also hauling in tree stumps and other flora and fauna for the set. EJ Ham is working on our set and I can't wait to see what he comes up with. Becky is tracking down everything from silver goblets to furniture set pieces. Her son, Sam, is designing our lights. Laura Horton is also a standout for help with goblets and anything else I am desparate for. We are busy making fairy wings and tutus in class and they are turning out beautifully.
How about emergencies? A break in the water pipes have left us with gaping holes in our family room ceiling. Garry's brother, Terry, came to visit Tuesday night and what a mess he stepped into. We thought for sure our dog, Bailey, was on his last leg. His heart complications, pancreas problems and other issues left him unable to eat for five days. He had two seizures and had to be hospitalized. He could not longer walk or even drink water. We were prepared to have him euthanized rather than see him suffer any longer. As I sat with him tonight, I prayed that God would take him from us so we didn't have to make the final decision or else miraculously help him get better. I felt compelled to get up and get him something to eat and he suddenly ate ravenously! He began to drink water and was even able to go to the bathroom. He started growling like he does when he gets irritated, which is a good sign! Then he licked me in the face and I knew we had him back, if only for a short time. Anne had been praying fervently as well throughout the day, so, for now, he is still with us. God's timing is perfect!
Life! Anne and Gene found a house! Gene is flying in tomorrow and they will leave on Sunday for their new life adventure. We, along with Paige and Piper, will drive out to Little Rock next friday to help them unpack after the movers arrive.
It's all a whrilwind of chaos, but God tells us in Isaiah that 'the flames will not consume'. I certainly take that literally as the flames of these challenges threaten to shake us inside and out. Without the grace, strength and mercy of our Lord, I would certainly collapse.
CJ Mahaney’s Christmas Book List 2017
8 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment