So here I sit at home, again. I threw my back out yesterday while lifting some of our theatre boxes (these are large, black boxes that we use for anything and everything in the classroom and on stage. They can be used individually or combined to create all sorts of sets). The only trouble with the black boxes is that they are quite heavy. I am suddenly being reminded that I am aging. I am no longer a youthful young woman taking on the world. I still feel like a teenager inside, but the old body isn't cooperating. It could be argued that I am still just very weak from the effects of the flu. But there is some truth to the notion that I just don't have the stamina I had when I was younger. Don't get me wrong, I'm a long way off from sitting in a rocker all day, but the requirements of my job are taking their toll on me. As long as the Lord calls me to do what I'm doing, He'll give me the energy...that's all I know :) Isaiah 40:31.
No comments:
Post a Comment