My new-found friend is the owner of this store and when I explained to her what I was making with these beautiful vintage pillowcases, she got excited about having two made for her granddaughters...so when I get home, I will make two for her! What fun!

This is the front of Shabby Chic

Many of the stores in Middleburg carried Amish clothing...
More of the Amish clothing....

This was the coolest Amish store where we stocked up on cheeses, nuts, noodles and all sorts of goodies....what a great petting zoo they had!

This is Big Ben...19 hands 3 inches...biggest horse in Holmes county!

This was an Amish home across the street from the store we stopped at...notice the clothing hung out to dry....

The Amish make such beautiful furniture....

It was something else to see the buggies on the busy roads....there would be a big semi behind them, but they just trotted along like no one else was around...

This little Swiss area was right before we got to Charm, Ohio....and such great cheeses made around here!

This adorable Amish boy was out in front of his house and I couldn't resist taking his picture.

These pictures simply don't do justice to how impeccably neat these Amish farms are...so pretty...

One of the MANY buggies we passed....
Looks beautiful mom! I was worried about you guys all day because I couldn't get in touch with you, but then I called Anne, and she told me there wasn't any reception out there. I'm glad you had a good time together. Love you!
ReplyDeleteI wish I had gotten to see it all! it looks beautiful and I want a couple of the adirondack chairs.
ReplyDelete