Our precious granddaughter, Mary Elizabeth, was born on Friday. My heart is so full...there are no words to explain my joy. It is a commonplace thing, I know, to be a grandparent. But I think few enjoy more than Garry and I. We are thrilled to have Paige and Piper here; and miss Trevor because he is a as much a part of this as anyone else. But he is taking care of his little family by working hard for them. In the meantime, it broke my heart not to be with my Anne during labor and birth, but as with Paige, the time they both had alone with their husbands was incredible and for that I am thankful. As I gazed at ME, I wondered at how God could create us with such a capacity to love so deeply and also wonder how some people cannot see the beauty and wonder in life. No matter how commonplace, life is beautiful and precious. Anne is radiant.. she had such a wonderful birth experience and precious Ben and McLean seem as if ME has been with them forever. It has also been fun to watch Piper interact with Ben and McLean now that she can walk and jabber! They just follow her around and always say Piper, Piper.













No comments:
Post a Comment